Thursday, July 10, 2008

I haven't felt much like blogging the past few week or so, mostly out of laziness. Things have been so-so family wise, good workwise and relationship wise. I've worked every day at the daycare, but on a schedule that is arranged always at the last minute, which is somewhat annoying, but I've grown accustomed to it over the years.

Last weekend, which feels so far away now, Patrick and I went biking together to Chambly, which was about an hour and a half ride there and back. It was good exercise and a nice day, so all in all, a fun time. That night we had a nice steak dinner with my parents and brother, and then tried out the new gas-burning fireplace my mom bought. You wouldn't think so, but it's really nice and natural-looking.


Sunday, we went for a hike on Mount Royal with Patrick's parents, his sister, and her boyfriend. It was super hot and I wasn't so sure we would make it all the way to the top, but we did, impressively. Afterwards we came home and went swimming, then had a bar-b-q. Overall, a nice weekend.







I've also spent some time with friends this week. I helped Julie peel off wall-paper on Monday, which was bizarrely fun. I told her it was as rewarding as popping a giant zit or peeling off dry skin (which I love doing, yes, I know I'm weird). Then Tuesday we had a scrap night with Julie and Alex, which was fun as always. Thanks for the blueberry muffins!

Yesterday I was exercising and encouraging my dad to so as well. He did quite a bit with my help, which is really, really good for him. It is hard to keep at it all the time, but we keep trying. That's about all I can say at the moment. I bought him some puzzles to work on today. One little thing at a time.

No comments: