Wednesday, September 29, 2010

SOooo..... I've been rather slack in the blogging department. Well that's because I'm completely obsessed with my new toy, the iPhone 4. Yup, I caved and bought it. So did Patrick. We have joined the cult. And I daresay, it's dangerously fun. There are so many apps out there, it's insane.

I've been taking tons of photos for a change thanks to how accessible my camera now is! It's especially practical for the classroom, since I can just snap and then store. It's great.

Fall is in full swing - proof here in my nanny's backyard. There is something to be said about old trees in the fall, particularly neighborhoods lined with tall old trees. Their presence is so commanding, so beautiful. Although I am a summer girl through and through, fall is growing on me, more and more each year. I like the crisp air and sweaters, and the brilliant color everywhere.



What I'm not liking right now is the early hour at which the sun sets. It is making me so very tired lately. I'm resorting sometimes to early evening coffees for the extra pep, but the extra caffeine risks keeping me awake. Arrgh! I'm hoping to adjust soon.

On the weekend we visited with Julie and Ken as it had been forever since we'd last seen them. We went for supper and then took a walk. Later we had drinks and played the weirdest Wii game ever. It was Wario something, where you have to do all these random little tasks holding the control panel in weird ways. It was a good laugh. We weren't expecting it, but it was funny as hell!

And now we are already more than halfway through the week. Sometimes I don't know where the times goes. Patrick has been busy with presentations, clients, making videos, and so forth. I have been busy with my class, as always. We are adjusting, we are getting it, finally. I am no longer missing last year so desperately like I was at the beginning. This year has good stuff to offer too, I'm starting to realize.

Well I do hope you are having a good week! I'm off to collect leaves for an art project. Cheers.

No comments: