Sunday, September 12, 2010

The iPhone dilemma

To buy an iPhone, or not to buy an iPhone?

I know, I know, it's so ridiculous to be pondering this. But you know when you just really, really want something and you can't justify it for reasons other than pleasure ... that's what's been going on for the last little while. Every weekend I casually stop by the cell phone booths at the mall or at Best Buy to tantalize myself, to make small talk with the sales people to see if perhaps there is some amazing plan that I have not yet learned about. I haven't discovered one. The price for a monthly plan remains ludicrously high. Yeah, I can afford it and it's completely doable now, but the 3-year contract bit just eeks me, considering that we'll be looking to buy a house within a year or so. And what then? I could probably still afford it, but it would be harder to justify. But Apple's hypnotic selling points are apparently quite deeply routed in my subconscious. Arrrgh! I am still undecided. I am researching other options and making a pros/cons list. We shall see...

Otherwise, it's Sunday morning, I don't have to work at the library, and I am happily sipping coffee in my pjs, listening to some Chilli Peppers, and feeling like I might to something creative today. I have some planning to do for school, but that shouldn't take too long and besides, I like to do it. Sounds so very nerdy to admit to, but it's true. My students are coming along quite nicely. We have been practicing our routines and I have been very strict with the rules, which is starting to pay off. They are sooo good in the morning - things run smoothly. In the afternoon things are more difficult. They are ansy and tired. Their attention spans are shorter. It's completely normal. Thankfully our afternoon consists of free-play and story, so it's manageable for us all.

Yesterday we went out for supper for my friend Audrey's birthday. Although I was worried it might be awkward because I didn't really know many people going, it was fun. Another co-worker ended up being there, and we had the chance to get to know each other better. I am trying to be more open-minded about new circumstances in general - meeting new people, developing new friendships. The results have been interesting and refreshing.

Anyways, my attention is becoming choppy. I'm browsing other pages and thinking of other things that need to be done. I have no photos to share because I have not taken any photos since we went to Ottawa. It's really sad - I have no desire to take photos lately - what's up with that? I think part of the reason why the iPhone is so appealing to me is that I can snap away instantly and store them in a wonderfully organized manner. But I digress again... time to go be more productive! Cheers.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I think you should buy it!! Its one thing if you cant afford it, but since you can, do it! Like you said int he future, you may not be able to!
I have a blackberry and love it! Its also a lot monthly, but worth it!

Igagnon76 said...

Hey Ash! email me.... i'm thinking of selling my iphone...

Isabelle

Igagnon76 said...

oh yeah, it's got about 1 week's usage