Sunday, September 27, 2009

So, um... my blogging is getting a little sad, no? Since I have a bit of time before bed (and the coffee that I drank earlier seems to be keeping me awake) I figured I might as well grace you all with an update. I feel like I have so much time on my hands because I didn't work this weekend (yay, two days off in a row!).

I went to pick up Patrick at the airport on Thursday evening. I felt like a giddy 18 year old again to see him after our two-week hiatus. He made it back safely and very successfully, as he is now a meta-coach! I'm really proud of him for this huge accomplishment, especially considering how grueling the studying/training was. He had 12 hour days plus homework that had to be accomplished with group members after hours, and all this while staying in a hostel with people partying at all hours of the night. Needless to say, he was very drained by the end, and with all his travels, but it was so worth it.

We had a nice, relaxing weekend together. We went out for supper, went grocery shopping, cooked waffles and lasagna, finally watched the finale of True Blood (talk about a cliff-hanger), looked at tons of photos from the trip, and played Boggle, among other things. It feels good to get back into "our" groove.

While Pat was away, I had ambitious dreams of scrappin' up a storm, but sadly only produced four pages in total (2 digital, 2 paper). Now I'll at least have some more motivation to scrap with all of Pat's photos from the trip. He got some great shots, and everything has such a gorgeous backdrop in Europe, you really can't seem to go wrong even with a point & shoot. I will have to get on that shortly, in between forcing myself to go to the gym in the evenings and prepping for my class.

Speaking of which, I'm loving my job. Really, even the prep I do at home is still enjoyable, like ordering Scholastics, making worksheets, charts and vocabulary words of all sorts, and experimenting with different art activities. I can't complain. I can only cross my fingers that my contract will last longer than it's supposed to... maybe by some miracle...

Anyways, now I really should get to bed. But first, one of those layouts I was talking about. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I'm glad your job is going well. And that Patrick is home from his trip. Your LO is awesome... can't wait to see more from you. :)