A new post is in store I think. I haven't been a good blogger. I've been very busy working, and also, I'm wary of certain people stumbling upon my blog. It's not that I find I share a lot of super personal info, but you just never know, especially now that I'm a teacher. So for those reasons, I haven't been very motivated. But with the long weekend here and some extra time on my hands for once, I'm finally in the mood. Also, I apoligize for not leaving comments on blogs as of late. I will try to catch up. I am still your fan :) , but I am just lazy.
Here are some random things on my mind (because lists are just that much easier):
1. I am beginning to really love Fall. I never used to like it, mainly because I always felt it was sort of robbing Summer, my favorite season, from me. Now I find I love the crisp weather and putting on big cozy sweaters. I love the colors of the leaves. I'm beginning to notice a lot more little wonders about the season now that I'm around five year-olds all day. Everything is just that much more fascinating.
2. I went apple picking with my class this past week. I have to confess that I haven't been apple picking since I was a little girl. How sad is that? Despite a slightly chaotic bus ride and very hyper, excited children, we had a great time. I was completely exhausted by the end of the day, however, but in a good way.
3. We're having our Thanksgiving dinner tonight. My mom as made three desserts: cheese cake, apple pie, and pumpkin pie. Is that not completely exaggerated, and yet completely amazing? Yes, I know.
4. I wish I could be more involved in the whole cooking process, especially for holidays, but my mom has a way of taking charge of the entire kitchen and all aspects of preparation. Most of it gets done before I can even offer help. It can be frustrating at times. I know she means well, and she is an amazing cook/event organizer, but it leaves me sometimes feeling incompetent. I want to cook more, but I feel more like a spectator than anything else.
5. I love going in the sauna at the gym, especially when they put eucalyptus into the vapor - totally relaxing/rejuvenating experience.
6. I made apple sauce with my class yesterday - brought in the crock pot and had them chop pieces of apple and dump them in. Everyone kept walking by my class and wondering what that amazing smell was. It tasted pretty good, I must say, and it was very simple to do. I think we have exhausted all possible apple activities by now though... A new theme is in order for next week!
7. Pat got me flowers "just because" last week, and it happened to coincide with a day that I really, really needed them (I was worn down by my work load AND coming on my period, hence extremely over-emotional). Yup, I've got me a romantic one and it feels good.
8. Very minimal scrapbooking has been happening. My table is a disaster area. I started a mini-album about Pat's stopover in Paris, but so far only have a cover page. I seem to be lacking inspiration. I think Julie and I, maybe Alex too if she wants, might do some scrapping tomorrow. That is, if I don't give into my urge to take a drive down to Plattsburgh, which is growing ever-so-steadily at the back of my mind.
9. I miss writing. I need to do more of it. As in, more detailed than the million post-it notes left on various places of my desk, or those wonderful little nuggets directed to parents in students' agendas (the likes of: "Please send in more underwear for you child because he/she had an accident at lunch time today"). You know, real, heart-felt writing. For now blogging is quasi-filling the need.
10. I am so happy that I can just relax today after working for 12 days straight (a week of teaching, then biblio weekend, then another week of teaching). I sometimes seem to forget what it feels like to have a whole entire day free.
Okay, well, 10 seems like a good number, so I shall stop here. I need to do a bit of prep for my class. But first, as routine dictates, I should share a little sumpin' sumpin', so here's a digi page that I did a little while ago about Pat's roommate's kitty. Enjoy and have a great Thanksgiving weekend. Cheers maties.