Saturday, November 22, 2008

So now that I have a bit more time, I'll finally respond to the tag that Katherine sent my way... 7 random facts about myself:

1. I'm into older men. Just take my boyfriend for example, who is almost 9 years older than me, and my life-long celebrity crush, you all know who, who is is 12 years older than me.

2. I want to teach in England for a year, next year, but I don't know if I have the guts to go through with it. It would be a great experience I think, but I'm not sure if Patrick would be able to come (not sure if he could get a visa), and I don't know if I could do a whole year apart. Plus, it's a very daunting task to go to a new place you've never been and just adjust to everything. I've never traveled on my own and I'm a little overwhelmed by the whole idea. But I know people who are doing it now, so if they can do it, so can I.

3. I have a very persistent upper back/shoulder injury that keeps me from training at the level I would like to. My posture doesn't help. I use a foam roller and heating pad almost every day.

4. I've never been published in a scrapbooking magazine, although I've submitted a few layouts here and there. I have decided that I don't care one way or the other. I am scrapping for myself, not for others. I should be less caught up in the hype of it all, the thrill of new products and such, and just focus on the memories.

5. I am a very indecisive person, but I'm working on it. Even just while writing that sentence, I had trouble asserting that statement. So annoying!!!

6. I tend to appear more negative than positive, but inside I feel more positive than negative. In other words, I vent too much, but at the end of the day, I love life. I need to work on expressing that more.

7. I waste too much time on the Internet, but I love browsing around, finding creative ideas and inspiration.


Okay, well I've gotta go get ready for a busy but fun day. So I'll leave you with a layout I made recently. I actually used my Silhouette for the letters. I really need to use that machine more, it's great, just a lot of work to set it up, so I tend to take the easy route of letter stickers more often. But the end result is so worth the extra effort.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great facts, great new look blog and great layout.

You should defo come to England its fab, I can show you all the sights of London town!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, you have a Silhouette?! How cool! I am on a Mac, so it was never really an option for me. (I've heard that the compatibility just ISN'T there...)

Anyway, those are pretty cool facts. And yes, I would say that many of us women who are too busy feel the need to unload our frustrations at the end of the day, but it doesn't mean we are negative. I would tend to think the opposite actually... you spend all day giving of yourself, and if you don't let a bit of steam off each day, it'll blow up on you. From what I've read on your blog, you're an optimist.

Oh, one last thing... it's hard to be decisive when you have the world at your feet. It's tough being good at a lot of different things and having to make a choice. I remember those days. Enjoy them... someday, the decisions will all be made for you. :P

Ruth said...

Well I think you should go teach in England if for no other reason than you will truly appreciate how wonderful Canada is when you get back :) !!!

I'm a believer in taking the opportunities when they come along and having no regrets,I never want to think Oh what if I'd done that.

I'm not sure how it works getting into the UK but I know my son and I could only get visitor visa's while my husband got a work permit and it meant i could do nothing,I wasn't even supposed to have a bank card due to no social insurance number but the woman at the bank felt sorry that I couldn't spend my husbands money and gave me a card !!!!!!!!!!

It's only a year and it would fly by believe me :)