Sunday, November 23, 2008


So here's the first thing we did yesterday, the Titanic exhibition at the Eaton's center. It was very interesting as you could see a lot of artifacts from the actual ship, and the recreated some of the rooms from first and third class. Also, they give you a ticket with a real passenger's name and info right at the beginning, and then at the end, there' s a huge memorial wall with all the names of those who survived and those who perished, and you can find "your" name, so it makes it more personal. We noticed that there was a David Gregory and a William Cross among the service men who died, so we wondered if it was anyone of relation (both names from my dad's side of the family). Since we don't have much info from my dad's side, it could very well be that they were distant relatives. What wasn't so great about the exhibition was how disgustingly packed it was. They are really milking it for the money and let it WAY too many people at once - it felt like we were lining up for a ride at Disney World and I was getting overheated and claustrophobic. So I definitely wouldn't recommend going on the weekend.

Next, we walked through the irritating crowds of people in the dreadful cold to go see the display in the Ogilvy's window. My mom had this fantastical vision of it in her head since she used to walk by it every day when she worked downtown, and she loved looking at it before Christmas. It is really cute! She said she remembered it being a lot bigger than it actually is. Anyways, I wasn't going to pull out the camera because of the huge crowd, but finally forced myself to. Somebody was nice enough to take the picture for us. For a brief few seconds, I was worried they would make a break with it, but I guess I was being too paranoid. After the trip downtown we came back to the shore to eat at Regal which was good, and then we headed off to experience the best part of the day...

We went to Sky Spa at the dix30! It was so many shades of wonderful! We went in the outdoor hot-tubs on the roof of the building, and even gathered up the courage to take a cold plunge a few times (only for a few seconds). We also went in the different types of saunas and relaxation rooms. We were there for over three hours, and it was so serene... I will definitely be going back there. Next time I think I will rent a room at the hotel it's attached to and then spend the evening at the spa, for a romantic getaway.

Alright well I've gotta go because Patrick has started the movie, Tropic Thunder. Cheers!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

wow sounds like you had a great day.
Im so jealous you got to go to the titanic museum, I would have loved it.

Claude said...

Oh, I would love to go to the Titanic exhibition, but I could only make it on the weekend... Too bad they let too many people in at once...

I am so jealous of the spa, I wish I could do that once in my life!

Anonymous said...

I love that photo of you and your mom. I'm glad you enjoyed your time together. :)