Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Today I only had one class, so I decided to take my car to school. Finding parking can be rather stressful, and requires a lot of patience if you're going to stick it out and wait around 20-30 minutes for a free spot right in front of the building. Most of the time, I don't mind, since I have time to kill after I come from work, and I've got my iPod plugged in. Today, I paid for parking because I had to get to class on time. Not so bad, $6 for two hours, and that's all I needed. It was really nice to just hop in my car, drive while belting out songs at the top of my lungs, and arrive on the South Shore a mere 20 minutes after leaving.

I decided to pay my lovely boyfriend a visit this afternoon. We had a nice lunch (which he prepared for me) and then chatted for almost an hour about things that were on our mind. It feels nice to be able to confide in one another. I feel like our communication has really been improving in the last little while. I feel like we're in the groove of a very healthy relationship. I'm not saying that we weren't before, but it just feels more authentic now. I realize the importance of us both having our own passions, careers, hobbies, etc, as it brings different elements and excitement to the relationship. In the beginning, I was very needy and clingy, and didn't find much joy in doing things independently. Now I find that I like my alone time, and we both need a little space every now and again. I am so excited for the future, having our own place, starting a family, and getting firmly set in our careers. I love that we can just talk about our values, our hopes and dreams, and then after all that serious stuff, we can just be playful and joke around. Oh, and we also worked out together. I also love that we both hold fitness and health as a top priority in our daily lives.

Okay, I suppose I've been sappy enough for one entry... so I will have to make it a little more rough around the edges by talking about Noel Gallagher.

I adore reading snippets of interviews with the Gallagher brothers. I truly love them as artists, but also as individuals. I adore their sense of humour. I read this part of an interview with Noel the other day, and it just cracked me up:

"Last night I got into bed with me missus and woke up on the middle floor of the house on the couch," he says. "Amazing! I'm 41 and I'm starting this whole new nocturnal adventure."

There are other bits too but I can't seem to find them at the moment and I must go pick up Patrick!

No comments: