Friday, September 12, 2008

So the update is this: I had a yucky wart liquid-notrigened off at the dermatologist's. It burns, but it's not so bad - quick and efficient, but cost 20$. I chose that over the topical cream route just because it's over and done with and now all I have to do is wait for the wart to fall off. I know, it's super gross. I think it's more the word "wart" that is just so ugly, it makes it worse. I think I got it from walking around bare-foot in daycare. Not a smart idea, but often inevitable in the summer months.

The doctor also suggests that I remove my mole just to be ultra safe, but I have to go see someone else to do that. It is small on the mole scale, which reduces the risk of it becoming cancerous, but still, I'd rather just get rid of it and not have to worry about checking it all the time. With all the cancer in my mom's family you can just never be too safe.

I finally found a place where you can download photo collage templates to use in Photoshop! I was looking into doing this ever since Ali Edwards has been showing off her layouts of this nature, but I didn't feel like paying. Well, now I have 30 or more templates for free, and I followed a very simple video tutorial explaining how to insert the photos into the boxes. It was easy, trust me. I'm so not good at Photoshop, and have an archaic version of the program, but it worked! Check it out the templates here and the video tutorial here. Anyways, this is what I made the other day. It's not perfect, but it's a start. I added in some other digi elements that I downloaded for free from 2peas if memory serves me well. I've already posted these photos but they were just what was on hand when I was experimenting.

Also, here is a card I made for the b-day tag club at Scrapbook Centrale. And now off to be productive.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, I've had nitrogen treatments before. Yes, more than one! I wear my cheap Old Navy flip flops EVERYwhere now instead of going barefoot. I hope your foot heals up quickly.

Fanitious said...

Great pages, you bring more and more of your thoughts to life!

Anonymous said...

I hope that your foot heals quickly. :) Love the photo collage that you did! I may have to look at the links to learn too. I'm so not good with Photoshop... Thanks for sharing! :)

Ruth said...

I'm not good with PS either but have been making my own photo colleges....didn't know you could get templates...........it just makes scrapping a bit quicker and I've realised I have too many photo's not to put more on a page :)

Claude said...

I've never had a wart in my life, must not be fun!

Thanks for the link to the templates, I'm gonna be using them for sure!