Saturday, September 20, 2008

I am so pissed right now! I just had a full blog post all written up and then I navigated away from the page without realizing that the auto-save wasn't working, so I lost everything. Boourns on you blogger.

Alright, well, essentially what I said was that I caught this amazing movie on Illico last night. It is so powerful and explosive, and Eddie Norton (one of my favourite actors) really knows how to bring it. And, let's not forget to admire those guns. It's really too bad that he didn't keep up this physique after the movie. I found it interesting to watch the movie again, at this stage in my life, as I found I could appreciate and relate to it a lot more. I think I am also more emotionally connected to good movies, as I got all soggy by the end and was crying like a baby, particularly during the climax - you know what I'm talking about! When Derek runs into the bathroom and starts screaming "no, no, what have I done" as he cradles his brother... now that just sent me over the edge. And then there's the conclusion, where they cut to a scene of the two boys playing at the beach when they were younger, and Danny finishes his paper:

"So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right? Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it. Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong. So I picked a guy I thought you'd like. 'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature'."

Now, if that doesn't move you, I don't know what will. We were so sure that was a Martin Luther King quote, but turns out (after a quick Google search - man I love the Internet) that it's but Lincoln. So there you go Patrick.

Alright, well I've gotta wrap up this blog post pretty quick because I have to go clean the bathroom and get ready for work at the library.

I also wanted to point out how excited I am that Heroes and The Office return to prime time next week!

And then I wanted to share a few older layouts with you, since it's been a while since I've made my blog all pretty (although, the quality of these photos is not great, but watcha gonna do?!). Click to make them bigger so you can read the journaling if you want.





1 comment:

Ruth said...

Isn't that a fantastic film,I saw it years ago but we also pvr'd it on illico the other night and re watched it,great stuff.

Love that first layout,I have that ppaer......filed in the it's nice but will I ever use it section :)