Saturday, September 1, 2007

Three more days....

Well, summer is just about coming to an end. I have three more days before my reality check - back to school, back to a regular daycare work schedule, and back to working every second weekend at the library. My schedule is going to be quite, quite packed, but hopefully I will adjust quickly.

However, my problem has always been not living in the moment, so why complain about the future when today is a perfectly beautiful day - the sun is shinning, the temperature is nice, I have the day off and so does Patrick... There are so many things to be thankful for!

I have been doing a ton of scrapbooking lately and that makes me really happy. I feel like I'm in a groove and that the work I'm producing is much nicer compared to 3 or 4 months ago. Julie and I went to Scrapbook Centrale on Monday and I must say, what an orgasmic experience when I saw the new My Mind's Eye collections... so much gorgeous stuff!! Of course, I had to stock up since I won't be making any trips out to the West Island for a long while once school and work starts. I also had 20$ off since I got to use my stamp card, so that was a big help. Julie and I have also been scrapbooking more often together, which is a lot of fun and really helps me get inspired (despite that fact that many times we putz around for hours before getting anything done, lol).

What else is new? Well, Patrick and I have been "gutting" his room, in the sense that we are getting rid of the stuff he has been hoarding for years and years and years and years and years.... I feel like I'm taking on the role of the host of "Clean Sweep" or something, lol! Well, I must admit that Patrick has been really good about letting go of a lot of stuff. I'm very impressed actually, because in all the 5 years we've been together, he has never shown this much initiative in getting his room organized!! Slowly but surely, we are getting there. We went to IKEA on Wednesday night and bought 2 really nice white dressers. We were lucky because IKEA was having a no tax event on that day!! So we saved about 40 bucks. Then we got stuck in that terrible thunder storm on the highway. At some points the wind and rain and lightning was so bad that I was scared we wouldn't make it, but we arrived safely. Anyways, I'm digressing. My real topic is that Pat's room is getting a major face lift and we're more than halfway there. We need to buy organizing bins to store his computer parts and everything else. And we need to paint. We've pretty much chosen a color - well, it's down to "California Sky" and "Windswept" - both are soft grayish-blue type of colors.

I just finished reading "The curious incident of the dog in the night-time" by Mark Haddon (yes, I know I'm rather late in reading this) and it's SUCH a good book! I loved every minute of it (well, okay, except for his mathematical proofs that I couldn't understand, but nevertheless, they were quite entertaining). I found it such an interesting peek into the mind of an autistic individual. Since I work with a 4 year old autistic boy who is presently trying to master talking in full sentences, this book filled me with such hope for how bright his future could be! I seriously recommend to everyone. It's such a rich book and full of laughs!

Alright, well, I'll leave you with a few new pages:




No comments: