Monday, September 3, 2007

Much ado about nothing




I'm procrastinating - checking up on Internet stuff because I'm not mentally ready to train yet... Well I'm also digesting my breakfast, which is a perfectly valid excuse as to why I'm still sitting on my butt.

My eyes are disgustingly filmy this morning; man, allergies suck! The thing is, I'm not used to it because I never, ever suffered from allergies in the past. However, for the past few years, it seems I have become more sensitive. I can go days with "cloud head" (as Pat and I have named that drowsy feeling that leaves a constant pressure on your brain and inhibits any concentrated thought processes). Patrick has suffered from allergies all his life and is now taking shots which he says are helping him somewhat, but it's years before the full effect kicks in.

Anywho....... am planning on scrapbooking on my last day off (sob, sob!). Hopefully Julie will join me! Pat is participating in "man" activities with Dave all day. In other words, they are playing video games and/or role-playing and/or going to see some action or horror flick that I refuse to watch.

I haven't purchased ANY school supplies but I'm not going to overly freak out about that because in the past few years, I've learned that it's best to just wait it out for the first week or 2 to find out what type of classes I'm taking, and whether they require notebooks or not, and even if they require the "mandatory" reading materials or not. I don't like to waste my money, but I also like to be on top of my reading when it's necessary. Dilemma, dilemma. Most of the time, especially in my program, you can slack off BIGTIME and still pull an A. Last year, I frequently skipped many classes or left early (because they were completely useless and involved about 2 hours each day of "peer discussion") and still got A's in everything. I guess you just have to know how to play the game.

The ridiculously slow speed of my supposedly high speed Internet connection is driving me mad as of late. Every day, I have problems with it. Sites take f-ing ages to upload, and often times, when I turn on my computer, I have no connection at all. If my boyfriend wasn't a super savvy tech (notice I didn't use the term "nerdy"), I would be more than screwed. Even with all his expertise, I still have problems. I think Videotron sucks.

Alright, here are some pics from this weekend. My wonderful boyfriend surprised me with shaving his head recently, and I love it! :





And here are some pics from my mom's garden:







1 comment:

MelB said...

Hi Ashley! Thanks for stopping my my blog and leaving comments! I love your work too! I wish I would have more time to chat with you at SC but with everything else going my time chatting is limited so I spend it mostly on my dt. I will keep on checking your blog. Good luck with school!!!
Mel