Friday, July 16, 2010

Visitors lately

My aunt and uncle were passing through the day before last, on their way to Nova Scotia. They are moving there from Calgary to try out the Maritime lifestyle. Lisa is not convinced she will like it, but Jeff is coaxing her. We shall see I suppose. They brought they doggies with them, Saydie and Ruby, who were very well-behaved and fit right in. It's surprising that my mom actually allowed dogs to sleep over in the house, but it happened! Being around dogs made me wish, for the billionth time, that she would let my dad get a dog.... but that is a fight I have given up in vain.

Jeff and Lisa happened to be visiting on my dad's birthday, so we had a mini-celebration. We hadn't bought a cake yet, so he had to settle for a banana-chocolate chip muffin. The jumbo candles looked ridiculously big on the muffin-top, so it was rather amusing.

Tomorrow, Patrick and I are going up north, to Julie's cottage. I am really excited for this mini get-away. Pat has been hard at work for the last two weeks and is well-deserving of some time off. I hope the weather holds up. I can't wait to go swimming in the lake, and visit Tremblant. Summer is grand.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Great photos... it's always so nice to visit with family! And yes, your dad would do well with a dog for a companion.
I hope your aunt and uncle love NS. I grew up there and love going back to visit. I'm not sure I'd love small town life ever again, but I'd go back to Halifax to live in a heartbeat.