Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It has been crazy, crazy, crazy at school. Yes, I know I say that all the time, but I really mean it now, with the group projects, unit plans, take-home midterms, and everything else. One thing's for sure: group work is SO annoying!

I am so thankful that I have Wednesdays off to just chill. Most of the time I have work to do, but I got it over with early this morning, had time to train, then Pat and I went out for lunch. What a BIATCH of a waitress we had - she was confrontational, aggressive, and offensive, and all because SHE didn't offer us a choice that was part of the special, and we inquired about it. Man, I don't know where these sun-dried, orange-haired, uptight 50-something French Quebec women come up with it! I'm sorry if I'm sounding stereotypical, but the people involved in my negative public experiences always seem to fit the same bill!

Anywho, we were so insulted that we got up to leave (because, let's face it, who wants to eat where's there's such a shitty atmosphere) but the owner begged us to sit back down and served us himself!! He knows that we go there all the time, and it seems like he's had problems with this waitress before. It went okay after that - we explained the whole situation to him, and he listened very empathetically. We were able to calm down, but we won't be going to this restaurant again during the day, when our normal waitress (who is the the nicest waitress ever) is not there.

Now we're having some down time together. Patrick is resting and I'm hogging his computer. I just had to get a picture of his immitation of me when I sleep. He insists that I steal all the blankets and take up the whole bed! I don't think I'm this bad!

No comments: