Friday, November 30, 2007

YAY! Classes are almost over; as my Policy teacher said last night during our final lecture: there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Well, okay... still gotta study for finals, but putting that aside... it feels great to know that I won't have to buy a bus pass for December, that I won't have to walk up the hill, that Christmas is almost here and I have a ton of fun gifts and crafts planned, and that I won't have to work with my annoying lab partner anymore.

Last weekend we celebrated Cindy's (Pat's sister's) b-day, and we went to Hot and Spicy. It is a nice restaurant, and the food was good, but the service was TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!! We were there, I kid you not, from 5-9 pm, waiting on our various orders to actually arrive at the table (and a good number of them never came). It's a sitdown buffet, so everyone orders what they want, then it gets placed on a lazy susan and everyone can dig in. I like the theory, but in pratice... it wasn't working for us. Don't think I'll be going back there for the hefty price of 27$ per person, no matter how much (or how little) you eat. But besides that, it was fun. Cindy and Jason had rented a hotel room for later that night, tsk, tsk, so I think she had quite an enjoyable birthday.

Saturday night was also the online crop at Scrapbook Centrale, which was so much fun! There were lots of fun challenges that kept me occupied all night and into the wee hours of the morning. Believe it or not, Ken (Julie's fiance) actually got inspired to scrapbook, and then the next night, I asked Patrick if he would make a page, and he actually agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is going on here?! I keep joking that it is the scrabooking revolution. Here is what my artist produced (with some help from me for the title and the journaling spot). I'm really impressed with what he did.





Here are the other pages I made for the challenges. This was for the mixed-alpha challenge:




And this was for the old-supply challenge:




Have a great day everyone. Smile, it's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: