Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday, Monday

I'm just stopping in for a very quick post before a big family supper. My uncle and his wife (well, common-law) are in town this week, staying at our place, so things are quite busy, but in a good way.

I wanted to share this amazing artwork that my students created. We've been learning about the body parts, so we made life-sized self-portraits. I am so pleased with what they came up with (with guidance, of course). Did I mention I love Kindergarten?! Check these out:

I am in one of those over-stimulated brain states where everything that I think about is super inspiring and I wish I could split myself into a thousand pieces to be able to do tackle it all at once. Did that make sense? It's just that I haven't downloaded music or scrapped or done anything creative for a little while, but have the overwhelming urge to do it all right now, during my busiest week!! I have parent-teacher interviews, detention duty, report cards, portfolios, and the teacher's convention this week, but I'm in a happy little bubble right now, so even that sounds kind of fun. I work with some pretty awesome people, all of whom are around my age, so that makes the day just so much more enjoyable and fun. And having a great class, for the most part, doesn't hurt either.

Alright, enough nonsense rambling for now. I am going to finish up some photo-collages for my students' portfolios. It's pretty sweet to just drag and drop their pictures into some templates that I downloaded from some scrap site a while ago, I forget where, and then add in a few digi-elements. The hobby can really come in handy in a number of ways.

I hope you're all having a good week! Cheers :)

1 comment:

Barb said...

I LOVE love love those art projects. Wow! :)
I'm glad the portfolios are coming together... so exciting for parents to see what their kids are up to. I love that part of parent/teacher interviews. :)