Sunday, November 22, 2009

A little space, a little time, see what it can do...

Full blasting that song right now. "A Bell Will Ring" by Oasis. I'm always drawn back to their words. They've been keeping me on track since I was twelve. Seriously. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's true in many respects.

It's been a crazy/busy week in more than a few ways! My uncle and aunt were in town from Monday to Friday. They were sort of in and out, staying at our place but always going out to see other friends and family members. I enjoyed having them, but found that the time was cut short! I didn't even manage to get a picture of everyone together, which is quite upsetting. We had a big family dinner on Monday night, and it was nice to catch up on their news and reminisce, as always, about the good old days. I love that. I love looking through the old photos. I just recently made this page about my mom and cousins, which coincided perfectly with my uncle's visit.

Throughout their visit, I was also rushing to get portfolios and report cards finished in time for parent-teacher interviews on Wednesday evening and Thursday morning. We were all at school until 9:30pm on Wednesday, how crazy is that?! My interviews went pretty well, so I'm lucky. Afterwards I got to hang with my favorite teachers for a bit and then we had a little wine and dessert thingy in the staff room.

Thursday and Friday were ped days, so we used that time to go the teacher's convention. We had 50$ each to spend on school supplies, so I ended up buying a ton of posters that were on sale for 6$ each. That was pretty sweet.

Yesterday was Darla's birthday supper/party. We ate at a cool pizza place and then went back to Cheryl and Brent's new place for drinks, games, and general madness. It was SUPER fun and I'm glad that we got the chance to party. I won't go into too much detail, but the evening was very entertaining in more ways than one, lol. I will be back later with some pictures, since they are on Pat's camera and I don't have an XD slot on my computer, boo!!

Today we're going to April-Anna's book release party. Patrick is featured in the book, from the time that she did his body painting. That should be pretty interesting, but I can't really afford a late night after yesterday and with a mini-meeting bright and early demain matin.

Alright, I'm out. Cheers.

2 comments:

rocklady said...

love your treatment of that great old photo ashley and loved seeing pat in that blue shirt ;)!!!

Barb said...

I love the LO you made. You have a great style that comes across well in digital. :)

As for your teaching, it sounds like you're settling in really well. I'm so happy for you that you've found this job right out of school. I know so many in Ontario who are spending a long time after graduation doing very short supply teaching stints. Good for you, Ash! Your love of the profession is obvious, and those kids are lucky to have you as their teacher.