Sunday, March 8, 2009

So it's Sunday night, which means that March break is coming to an end :( I worked this weekend at the library, and it was BuSy, like crazy busy. There were mountains of books, and I'm so tired now. But I'm happy to be relaxing and browsing the sites that make me happy.

I finished my book last night - The Other Boleyn Girl. I learned a few new historical facts that they didn't mention in The Tudors, most notably the fact that Mary had two illegitimate children with Henry. The whole Boleyn thing, it just disturbs me...I can't get over the way the father and uncle betray the three siblings hard-core... Also, the author painted Anne in a pretty chilling light in this novel. She's a much more endearing character on The Tudors. I suppose she did do a lot to get and hold her position on the throne, but having sex with her brother to conceive the next heir of England, and producing a freakishly disfigured baby that miscarried... not so sure to what extent I believe it... I don't know how much of that is fiction versus historical fact. Of course, they skewed a lot of info during her trial. I will have to look into the matter a little more.

Aside from that, I am pretty well prepared for the upcoming week in Kindergarten. Our theme is Dr. Seuss, so it should be fun! Tania and I came up with a lot of good ideas together and shared plenty of resources. I've been apprehensive about it all because I haven't had a chance to discuss anything with my CT, so there's always the fear that she won't like what I've come up with. But I think it will be fine and I just have to worry about more important issues. Like Patrick's mother, for example. I wish I could say that things have improved there, but in truth, things are deteriorating.... so it's been very hard for everyone. I'm hoping that her doctors will be back from their vacations tomorrow and hopefully they can see her. In the meantime, I try to be a good girlfriend and daughter-in-law.

Well, I'm off to eat supper very shortly. Have a great week people :)

1 comment:

klmpink said...

Your post about Anne Boleyn made me laugh I definitely think the whole incest thing was artistic license. Well i certainly hope so!!

K