Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back in the Groove

It's Sunday morning and I'm just about to finish an over-sized cup of coffee. It's regular, not vanilla hazelnut, which means I have officially bid farewell to the holiday season. I'd been clinging to its allure for a few days (okay, a week) longer than I should have, but really now, the gingerbread people were all eaten last night so there's no going back. We will have to wait another 11 months before the most wonderful time of the year.

Trying to adjust to the 6:15 wake-up call has been brutal this week, especially since I was unable to fall asleep before 2 am most work nights. Ickiness... I am going to try to stretch my sleep time until 7 am and see if I can pull it off. It means I would have to get ready in about 20-25 minutes flat, but I think it could be accomplished if I shower the night before, have my lunch prepared and my outfit picked out. The extra 45 minutes of sleep would be awesome. I'm going to test my plan tomorrow, so let's hope for the best.

My students did not forget everything over the holidays, thankfully, although on the first day back I had the impression that they were incredibly demanding of my immediate attention. Was this attributed to them all being the center of attention over the holidays, or was it my lack of sleep coupled with the fact that I had adapted to almost two consecutive weeks sans enfants? Maybe a bit of both. After much repetition and modeling, I'm hoping that they will soon fall back into a more self-sufficient pattern. I know they are able to, but just need seem guiding.

It's also a library weekend for me, and an incredibly busy one at that. The one advantage is that my shift passes in a blur. I also needed to stock up on must-read books for myself, and some books for my class, so I'm glad to be able to get them while working.

We hung out with Cindy and Jason last night. Ate all-together too much, played Clue, Scene It and tried their Xbox Kinect, which is highly entertaining.

Alright, time to get on with my day. I'll share a layout that makes me laugh. You have to say the title with a Ricky Gervais accent and it will make it that much better. Cheers!

No comments: